Not as much time to read this week or weekend, but I did start several at a time so I have plenty to work through!
Pattern Recognition by William Gibson is probably not a book I would have picked up on my own — the short, terse sentences would have confused me if I had initially flipped through it, so it’s only thanks to a comment in relation to PopCo that I picked this one up this past week. I found the story very intriguing, sort of thriller-esque. Who is working for whom? Hmmmm.
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery is a book I’ve read dozens of times, but Steve and I started reading it out loud so he could experience the hilarity himself. We read it during car trips and sometimes in the evenings, and finally finished it yesterday, then started Anne of Avonlea.
With a bookmark:
(Books I just started reading, or books I’ve been “reading” for ages. Most recent first.)
- The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp
- Mommy Millionaire by Kim Lavine
- Why Does My Dog Act That Way? by Stanley Coren
- The Elements of Typographic Style by Robert Bringhurst
- Transcending CSS by Andy Clarke
- Wild at Heart by John Eldredge
- A Long Obedience in the Same Direction by Eugene Peterson
Library book box:
- Lord of the Libraries by Mel Odom
- The Hive by Bee Wilson (this and below picked up today)
- The Wild Out Your Window by Sy Montomery
- Spell of the Tiger by Sy Montgomery
- Search for the Golden Moon Bear by Sy Montgomery
- See Jane Lead by Lois P. Frankel
- Murder By the Book by Rex Stout