I am 29 years old today. Odd to think that in one more year I will no longer be in my 20’s.
Some highlights from this past year of life:
The year’s best photos:
Steve and I visited our good friends in Alabama and took this picture of a cow cooling off in the middle of a pond:
On a camping trip, I took this picture:
That’s correct — you are looking at an extremely obese chipmunk crashing a My Little Pony tea party.
The year of dreams and accomplishments:
- My book got published.
- I ran my first half-marathon, and determined that I never want to try running a full marathon. Anything past 10 miles is TOO LONG for me. 🙂
- I started to learn how to play the harp after 16 years of wishful thinking.
- Steve and I went to a week-long “intensive retreat” — sort of like a Christian conference combined with intensive therapy — with some really neat results both personally and in our marriage.
- I helped work on a paper for Microsoft.
- I joined PixelMill as a partner.
- Steve took me to the Cake concert.
The year of new things:
- I half-started Getting Things Done, then went all the way.
- I learned to make tiramisu.
- I started this blog and made new friends through it.
- We became more like the “average American:” We got a second car (free from my mom), got a ginormous TV (free from Steve’s coworker), got a pet or six, and finally got cell phones (sadly NOT free).
- Steve finally found a job/career path that he enjoys.
The year of babies:
- I got to watch a cat give birth.
- Two of my closest friends got pregnant (with one baby out so far!).
What a great year! I am grateful for my life, health, family, friends, and the chance to have all of these fantastic experiences.