As I mentioned in my August goals review, I was going to try to carve out time on 8/13 to work on getting my new web site design up.
And I did!
The rest of this week, I’m going to try to commit an hour each day to clean things up.
- The older HTML is a bit sloppy, and I want to make it a little bit more semantic (using strong instead of bold, for example).
- I changed “services and rates” to just “rates” and “portfolio” to “work,” so the page titles (and file names?) will need to reflect this change.
- I need to weed older stuff out of my portfolio and add some newer projects.
- I might switch to the larger thumbnail (bottom of the home page) for the main work page.
- I want to think about what else I can do for the right column and dividing sections. Something with the headings? Some sort of divider? It’s missing something, but I’m not sure what quite yet. Maybe more fun/whimsy.
- I want to think of more clever things to put in the talk bubble for each section.
I can’t say that I love this new design (whereas I do love my Custom Shadow Box design), but it will do for now.🙂