This was a good week for reflection. I revamped my goals and did a bit of bigger-picture thinking with work as I read through The 4 Hour Workweek.
Based on my revamped goals, here’s how my week has been going:
- Weigh myself daily – 🙂
- Walk 30 minutes every day – 🙂 Hooray! Well, to be honest, on Wednesday I didn’t walk in the morning, but Steve and I biked to the gym so I think that counts as exercise.
- Keep track of blood sugar and diet – 🙂
- Complete 3/6 small biz client projects – 😀 I have two small changes to make to a client site, but then the invoice is off!
- Bonus: I reconnected with some of my contacts about writing more articles.
- Keep up gratitude journal – 🙂
I’ve also decided to add one more goal. Steve and I would really like to own our own home. We have been thinking it would take a long time to save up money, etc., etc., but after meeting with a financial planner it looks like we could do it sooner than later in terms of pulling together a down payment, although I’m not sure yet how our monthly budget would fare. So, here are some new milestones for me to complete by 11/11:
- Finish reading book about buying first-time home.
- Look at budget and analyze to see if we could afford monthly expenses.
- Talk to mom about borrowing money.