I’ve put together a food reference sheet based on compiled information from Organic or Not? by Cindy Burke and How to Pick a Peach by Russ Parsons.
- Food reference sheet – Google Doc spreadsheet
Disclaimers: No guarantees about the accuracy of this information.🙂
- Food – Name of produce item.
- Organic – If “yes,” then it’s best to choose organic.
- Conventional – If “OK,” then it has less pesticide danger.
- Notes – When to purchase locally (for best flavor), whether to avoid or purchase imported, and other notes.
- Storage – How to best store the produce.
- Choosing – How to choose a “good” one.
Some of the items are highlighted:
- Green – Highest levels of pesticides, so you should definitely purchase organic versions.
- Yellow – Lowest levels of pesticides, so you’re safe purchasing conventional versions.